POSTER PRESENTER GUIDELINES
To ensure high-quality presentations are delivered at WAAVP 2021, and to maintain the high standards of the conference, please ensure you pay special attention to the instructions below. If you have any questions or difficulties following the guidelines, please contact the WAAVP 2021 Conference Secretariat at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.
A bespoke virtual conference platform, with various interactive features, will be used to deliver the WAAVP 2021 conference. The virtual conference programme will be similar to any in-person conference. Poster presentations will be assembled into sessions according to their topic and they will be assigned a virtual room. There will be two poster sessions on Monday, 19th July and two on Tuesday, 20th July 2021. Authors will be advised of their session date, and time, by 14th May 2021.
Within the virtual poster rooms, delegates have the opportunity to leave questions next to each digital poster on a text chat function. During their allocated session time, authors are asked to ensure they log into their virtual room, click into their poster presentation and answer any questions from delegates using the chat function. On the last day of the conference, we ask authors to log back into their poster presentation and check if any late questions have been added to their chat, as delegates can refer back to these post-event.
Please note that registered delegates will be able to view the poster presentations and any accompanying videos, on demand, at any time during the conference and post-event. If you wish for your poster, or video, to be removed from the platform after the conference, please contact the registration desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Poster presenters are invited to prepare a short 3-minute video presentation that will be displayed next to their digital poster in the virtual platform. If presenters wish to avail of this opportunity, all video presentations must be pre-recorded and uploaded to Vimeo, to ensure the quality of the delivery and avoidance of any technical issues. If you don’t already have an account, you can set up a free basic account. Go to www.vimeo.com -> click Join. Create a username and password and enter your email.
Poster presenters are not required to provide a video but are encouraged to do so to enhance their own, and the other conference delegates experience of the poster sessions.
There is a text chat function next to each poster display where delegates may leave questions and comments. Poster presenters are required to log into their poster session and answer these questions at their allotted session time. We also encourage authors to check back for late questions, on the last day of the conference.
Digital Poster Presentation Specifications (required)
File Format – PDF (.pdf)
Orientation – Portrait Format – Single Page
Dimensions in Pixel – 1080 (width) x 1536 (height)
Dimensions in cm – 38.1 (width) x 54.2 (height)
Recommended font size – minimum 16cm
Maximum File Size – 10 MB
Page Count – 1 Page
Poster Name: Programme Number_Session Name_Presenter Name_Abstract Title (first five words only) (Sample: P-1001_ Official Poster Viewing Session 1 _Joe_Bloggs_First_Five_Words_of_Title)
Programme Numbers can be found by searching the conference programme by authors name or abstract title.
Recommended Poster Presentation Template: click here to download
Video Presentations (at authors discretion)
Poster Presentation Duration: 3 minutes
Video file format: MP4 uploaded to Vimeo – please upload the Vimeo hyperlink into the submission form, where indicated.
Dimensions: Minimum height 480 pixels, aspect ratio: 16:9
Resolution: Maximum 720p HD
File Name: Programme Number_Session Name_Presenter Name_Abstract Title (first five words only) (Sample: P-1001_One Health1_Joe_Bloggs_First_Five_Words_of_Title)
Recommended PowerPoint Presentation Template: click here to download
Please note the final specifications will be checked at the time of submission, and files not compliant may not be uploaded to the virtual platform. Please ensure that if you are submitting an accompanying video presentation, it is a valid, tested Vimeo hyperlink, and that the duration of the presentation is strictly 3 minutes or less.
It is recommended that your pre-recorded presentation includes a window box with the speaking presenter via a webcam, instead of a voice-over presentation only.
If you wish to supply a video recording to accompany your digital poster, we suggest you review our tips on how to improve your video presentation, click here.
There are several video conferencing tools available to easily record a presentation. You are free to use any meeting software that you prefer as long as you obtain a good quality recording. Your MP4 file should be uploaded to Vimeo and the hyperlink provided when you upload the PDF of your poster. Please ensure that your presentation is not password protected in order for it to be uploaded to the virtual platform.
If you wish to supply a video to accompany your digital poster, please see below a few basic tips on how to record your presentation using the most popular tools:
Your presentation can be recorded using a simple PowerPoint two-step process.
- Select Slide Show > Record Slide Show.
- Choose from two options:
- Record from Current Slide – to record from a specific slide
- Record from Beginning – to record from the beginning of a presentation
- When you’re ready, select Record and start speaking.
To record from a specific slide, go to it, and then select Record.
- When you are finished, click Stop Recording.
- Save your recording as MP4 file and then upload it to Vimeo.
- For further details on to manage narration and timings and save your recording click here.
We also recommend watching a short “Record a Presentation” video here to get further tips.
Note: Older versions of PowerPoint will allow you to record voice-over only. However the most updated versions of PowerPoint software will allow you to add video and audio to your presentation.
Local recording is available to free and paid subscribers. Local recording allows participants to record meeting video and audio locally to a computer.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Settings. In the Recording tab, navigate to the Local Recording option and verify that the setting is enabled.
- Start a Zoom meeting as the host.
- To record slides within your presentation, click the green “Share Screen” button in the control bar at the bottom. You can either share your slides in Slide Show view by sharing your whole screen or you can share a portion of your screen if you prefer to keep PowerPoint open to read your notes.
- When you’re ready to start, click the “Record”button at the bottom of the meeting window. When Zoom is recording you will see a small red dot at the top left of the meeting window.
- When you have finished the presentation click on stop recording.
- Now click on ‘end meeting for all’ to initiate the Zoom recording conversion.
- Save your recording and upload it to Vimeo.
- Click here for further detailed instructions with ‘How to’ video from Zoom Support.
- Start or join the meeting.
- To start recording, go to the meeting controls and select More options button (…) > Start recording and transcription.
- To stop recording, go to the meeting controls and select More options More options button > Stop recording and transcription.
- The recording is then processed and saved to SharePoint if it was a channel meeting, or OneDrive if it was any other type of meeting.
- The meeting recording shows up in the meeting chat—or in the channel conversation, if you’re meeting in a channel. The recording doesn’t expire. Upload this file to Vimeo.
- For further details on how to record a meeting in Teams – click here
Your video can be also recorded using Google Meet or Skype as well as many other popular conferencing tools.
Please note that once recorded, you should upload your MP4 video onto Vimeo www.vimeo.com before submitting the video link into submission form. Please follow these steps:
- Ensure your presentation is saved as MP4.
- Log in to your Vimeo account. If you don’t already have an account, you can set up a free basic account.
Go to www.vimeo.com -> click Join. Create a username and password and enter your email.
- Once you log into your Vimeo account go to New Video and click Upload: https://vimeo.com/upload/videos. Upload your video and copy the link to the video. This is the link you will enter on the submission form.
- Once you have uploaded your video, please test that it plays correctly and you are happy with the visual and sound quality.
Please ensure that only the final versions of your presentations entered to the submission system, as edits cannot be made once your poster and video have been submitted.
Poster and presentation submission deadline: 18th June 2021
Please ensure you are registered to participate in the conference before submitting your final files. You will require your 8-digit conference registration number during the submission process. Please then follow these steps:
- Ensure your poster presentation is saved as a PDF based on the specifications above.
- If you are providing an accompanying video, please ensure you have the Vimeo file address saved and you have tested that it plays.
- In order to submit your PDF and provide your Vimeo hyperlink, please log into the dedicated submission webpage, https://app.oxfordabstracts.com/stages/2688/submitter using the same log in and password that you used upon submission of your original abstract.
- Please complete the required questions and upload your poster PDF and insert the Vimeo hyperlink (if providing) where indicated on the form.
- Please ensure that the final versions of the files are submitted, as no changes will be accepted once the files are uploaded.
- Poster presenters are reminded that a video recording is not a requirement of a poster presentation and should only be provided at the presenters discretion. If you are not providing an accompanying recording, please indicate this on the form.
If you have any questions or difficulties in submitting your video presentation, please contact our office at email@example.com